From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 13:54:40 -0700
I would concur with Frank and add that AMD and Cyrix both perform great in
normal user applications but still have mediocre  MMX and FPU performance
which you will notice with some games, high end graphics or CAD. I
presently use a Intel 233 with Win 95 and a Cyrix 686L200 on a NT
Workstation and both work well.  I am planning on upgrading the Cyrix to a
AMD 266 which can now be had for as little as 90 dollars.
However I  would give serious thought to using anything other then a Intel
or Alpha on a NT Server.

Mark