From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:08:07 -0500
> Hi,
> For the past several weeks I have been having a problem with a reddish
> tinted screen. Its over all colors. I have tried several things that work
> off and on.
>
> 1.scan disc
>
> 2. change color settings and then change back again
>
> 3. reboot usually works but sometimes I have to do it more than once.
>
> 4. Just wait -sometimes it well go away.
>
> Any ideas on where I should sdtart to correct the problem.

     Actually this sounds more like a hardware then software problem. You're
monitor has various lines going to it, some of them contain the red, green
and blue information. Since monitors use additive colours either the blue or
green signal is not always getting to the monitor. It sounds like you're
problem might be heat related, as the computer or monitor warms up the
problem either comes or goes. If you are not familiar with electronics there
are a few things you can do. First try the monitor on another computer, if
the problem goes away there is something wrong with you're video card, try
replacing it. If the problem persists there is a problem with you're
monitor, either in the cable or inside the actual box. If the cable is
detachable try it with a different cable, if not you will have to bring it
to a repair person. Monitors have lethal voltages inside, even with power
removed and I don't recommend anyone not familiar with monitor repair to
actually open one (or a TV or any other device with a CRT for that matter).
TTYL

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com