From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 23:09:42 -0800
These older inexpensive monitors are set up to maintain aspect ratio and
will not allow you to make that adjustment. I have a 94 14 inch AST monitor
made by Hitachi  that does the same thing ...even when it was brand
new...with a correctly proportioned picture you get that black boarder
around the tiny picture in the middle of the screen or you have the
vertical adjustment to the screen edge but the picture ends up elongated
...and adjusted toward the center it looks 'scrunched'.

Decent monitors are pretty inexpensive now ....I saw a 14 inch NEC for $109
at Insight computers..www.instight.com .....might be time for a upgrade.

>I am working on a Packard Bell system, and the width of the screen does
>not extend all the way to the edges.  Now, there are 5 knobs under the
>front.
>This monitor was manufactured in January of 1995.  I compared it to a
>similar monitor manufactured in April of 1995 and this one has six
>knobs.  The same five as above, and the sixth being the Horizontal
>Size.  Both monitors are 14" Packard Bell model number 1412.  The
>systems they came with are:
The only difference is, the monitor with only five knobs came with a

                                  -----