From:
"Joab S. Herman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:52:59 -0500
In the hope that this will save someone else some time, this is
how I solved this problem when I installed my new ASUS A7V133.

I also have ATA100 hard drives, and when trying to upgrade from
Win98 to Win2000, I would reach a point and receive a blue
screen stop error about an Inaccessible Boot Device. It took me
a while to figure that it was likely due to the Win2000
installation program having a hard time with the UDMA settings
on the motherboard. I went to the installation CD that came with
the MB and copied the directory with the ATA100 drivers (in this
case they are Promise drivers that ASUS uses) to a floppy disk.
Then, during the next upgrade attempt, when the Win2K
installation asks you if you have to install any third party
SCSI drivers, I said yes, inserted the floppy and was off and
running, as Win2K installed the drivers and then finished the
installation. ATA100 works fine.

I know it sounds a little crazy to install EIDE drivers when
Win2K asks for SCSI, but the way all these operating systems
seem to work is to consider all mass storage as SCSI.

Hope this is helpful.

Joab

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml