From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 11:53:16 EDT
> >I'm toying with the idea of getting a zip drive for backing up my stuff on
>  >my computer, and i was wondering if there was any real big differences i
>  >should consider between a zip drive or a jaz drive? is one better then the
>  >other?
>  >
>  >Lynn Batson

One other thing that you may want to consider is a CD-RWer. I have both an
internal ZIP 100 and a CD Rom writer, rewriter and I rarely ever use the ZIP
Drive. I am able to purchase write only disk for under a dollar locally and
pricewatch has rewritable media listed at 10ea for $13. This is allot better
than the $7 to $10 dollars for the ZIP disk. I can also store over 5 ZIP disk
on a single rewritable CD and 6 on a write only CD. I have had my unit for
over 4 months now without any problems. I have had failures and data loss
with ZIP disk. A 2X2X6X unit can be had for $99.00 after rebate at several
large nation wide retailers which is also probably less that all but the ZIP
100 drive.

In addition, other computers are also able to read the information on your
CDs (I have seen older CD ROMs (under 8X) unable to read the rewritable CDs).
This means that it is easier to share files and data with other users. My
next system will not include any type of Iomega device.

Dennis Noble
www.citiesetc.com

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org