From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2008 14:52:52 -0500
I have run Windows XP Pro on a PII-300 laptop with 192 MB RAM.  The machine
was usable for email and general internet surfing.  I still have XP Pro
running on an Athlon 700 with 384 MB RAM.  It is a fully loaded
(software-wise).  It has an ATI All-In_Wonder card.  I can record from the
TV feed just fine if I have a minimal load running (email, 1 browser
window).  Any more than that and the recording starts to drop frames.
Windows 98 performs better on both of these machines than XP Pro, but the
biggest drain comes from the rest of the software on the system - antivirus,
anti-malware, firewall, printer & scanner drivers, etc).  I don't have the
data any more but I did benchmark these systems as bare OS, and loading one
each of my utilities.

I would recommend that you max out the RAM on your system.  XP Pro will run
slower on your 733, but it is on the lower edge of what is considered
acceptable.  XP Pro does run better in a P4, but we work with what we have.

Ron

--
Ron Jobe

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads