From:
Michael Mossom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:12:35 +1200
Hi Lewis

98304 is also 3 x 32678 (or 3 x 32 K) and represent 3 clusters of a HDD with
a 2 Gb partition formatted with FAT16.  In other words, SCANDISK has found 3
clusters and wants to save them to a file.

Your problems:

1.      Look for interrupt clashes, especially if you have any ISA cards
which are not plug'n'play.
2.      Check that the drivers for the ZIP drive, scanner and printer do not
clash - I assume that they are all parallel ports devices.
3.      Check that some program loaded during startup (or elsewhere) is not
running away - check on which processes are running.
4.      From the 98304 above, your hard drive (or one of its partitions) may
be getting full.  32 K cluster sizes are extremely inefficient for data
storage - you are probably wasting 40% of the available space on the HDD
partition.

Good luck

Mike