Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 21:03:17 +1000
Since this seems to be a common problem, I decided to post the way we (at
workplace) did, hope it will help.

At workplace, we use win2k workstation, and built an image from a standard
machine (all workstations have very similar hardware/software config). The
standard machine has one partition only, when we made the image, we boot
from a boot disk, run DriveImage from the CD (it's not on the book, but you
can do it), then clone the C: drive (make the image) to a harddrive we took
from another machine (fully working with enough space). Once we have the
image, we copy the image to a blank CD.

I have to say that we had failed to make the image work at first few try
too, the above is as far as I know how the service guy did it. and I do know
it works, since the image file solved a bad workstation crash last week.

However, I don't know if this way works with stand alone win2k machine,
since all our workstations are networked, and login to our server, so please
let me know how are your guys going.

Jun Qian