Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 21:05:27 +0100
On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 22:35:56 -0400, joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
 >The only computor that will be allowed to log in to the ISP is the one
that >signed up unless you have identical setups, user names, etc. Usually
to do >that you need a router, or to have one computor connected to the ISP
with the >other connected to that one. Otherwise your ISP is going to want
you to pay >for two computors. I'd have a firewall on each computor, but
what other >security issues are you worried about?
At present we have a monthly fee ISP with no additional call costs. My wife
and I have separate computers and either can access internet without any
problems. We have our own email addresses and as far as I was aware I
cannot access her emails from my computer. We were considering allowing
someone who is staying with us for a few months to also use our ISP and
share the costs, in preference to eg an additional phone line. I would set
up his computer to access our ISP in the same way as I previously set up my
wife's and my concern was that he should not be able to interfere with or
exercise any control over our ISP and we should not be able to access each
others mail etc etc.
Regards, John Hughes.