From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:55:46 +1000
A friend with XP (not sure if he has SP2) cannot boot into Safe Mode, but
can boot into Normal Mode with no problems.

He is getting the above stop error with BSOD when booting into in Safe
Mode. His computer boots up into normal mode with no apparent problems.

Device Manager shows no conflicts. Performance is otherwise normal. The
computer is about 1 year old with 1Gb RAM and dialup onboard modem.

I find this very strange. As this error usually refers to driver or
software conflicts, I cannot see how it is happening ONLY in Safe Mode and
NOT in Normal bootup.

I have installed a new Raedon video card, but that has no effect on the
problem. It seems to be working fine.

I have disabled all startups apart from AVG and ZoneAlarm. I have taken
System Restore back to Dec 2005, but same problem persists.  He doesn't
recall ever having tried Safe Mode, so I can't say whether this prob has
always been present.

What could be opening or conflicting in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode?

Any suggestions?

Don Penlington
 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html