From:
Harvey Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 23:53:14 -0800
I'm running Windows XP & Windows 98 on my computer. Windows XP won't boot
but Windows 98 will. I tried to reinstall Windows XP (upgrade version). I
get an error that hal.dll is corrupt or missing. I tried to replace it
under Windows/System32 but it didn't make any difference. I believe that
the configuration is corrupt or missing hal.dll. I can't find how to fix
this on the Microsoft web site. It just tells me that the line may be missing.
Since this is a hardware abstraction layer file does that mean that it is
specific to my hardware or does it change according to your hardware. Where
can I find more about this file as it seems to be preventing me from
reinstalling Windows XP? I do have a Hot Rod Card connected to the drive
also complicating things. The Hot Rod card is running okay with Windows 98
though.

Harvey Rose

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com