From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 18:09:14 -0500
One Win95 PC can act as the proxy server to the internet for all the other
PCs.  You don't want a firewall since a proxy server, of this type anyway,
is not a true connection to the Internet so much as a way to share a line
or modem.  I recommend the following developers for an internet connection.

http://www.x-media.cz/main.html
This is their English language page and it is next to useless but it proves
they are alive.  Email them at [log in to unmask]
They are quite good and their English is good.  The product you want is
WinProxy.  I use it to give all my users email access and a modem for web
browsing.  My copy of WinProxy is running on a 486 /sx33 with 8 meg of RAM
and a 150 meg hard disk, plus a 14,400 bps modem.  It dials out-bound on
demand and delivers inbound mail every 15 minutes.  We sometimes have 3 or
4 users browsing through the little 14K modem at the same time.  "No
downloads people, please!"   I am scheduled for my second T-1 installation
(the first one is full with other stuff) and I will tell you how it runs
with that when I get it installed.

Best of all it is very inexpensive for what it does.
tom turak