From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 17:27:16 -0700
If the LED for the A drive is on all the time it means the cable is upside
down.  The colored stripe is the Pin 1 side, and in most cases should be
nearest the power plug on your drive.  Where pin one is on your motherboard
depends on the board. If you have the manual for it there should be a
picture or description.  Some boards have teensy print showing where pin 1
is. Are you sure you have it plugged into the floppy connection?  If it is
in the connector right next to your connection for your C drive, that's most
likely the secondary channel, not the floppy connector.  The floppy
connector is all by itself.

Subject: [PCBUILD] Floppy Drive Problem

Hi, me again..... HELP

My A drive isn't working, I've just put a new one in, just in case the old
one had died but NOTHING, not even the LED!  I thought I may have put the
cable in the wrong way so I turned it up the other and now the LED is on all
the time! :(

Can I blow any circuits inside the drive by putting the cable in the wrong
way?

I'm running Win98 SE, Windows does see the A drive & because I had a Trojan
attack earlier today, I need to backup my work.

Thanks

John P

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml