From:
Ken Hollingsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 05:50:17 -0700
Hey Mark,
 A long shot here, but it happened to me - Go back into the Bios, and get on
that page where your IDE devices are listed, and make sure your HDD is
registered there. Got a box in yonder that was doing about the same thing
yours is doing, and every time I turn it off, it tries to reboot to the A:\,
until I go into the Bios and re-register the IDE. Yes - I hit the save key
before exiting.
 Ken Hollingsworth

 On Apr 6, 2005 8:27 AM, Mark Doll <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have a HP Pavalion.Im trying to fdisk and format.Im not having any
> problems with the fdisk part, its the format and install.
> Once the format is finished and you hit the volume and hit enter, the
> computer next goes the the a:\ prompt.
> Ive tried turing the computer off and running the system restore disks,
> but it seems the computer doesnt reconize the drive.
> If i boot from the A drive with a start up disk I end up at the A drive.
> I also went into the bios and changed the boot order so the cd drive would
> boot first, but that didnt seem to help either.
> I assume that anyone with computer savy realizes that Im not doing
> something that is probally simple.On that note if anyone has a soultion to
> my problem, it would be greatly appericated if you explain it in a step by
> step order.
>
> Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
> Digest mode - visit our web site:
> http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com