From:
Art Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 10:25:56 -0500
I am thinking about purchasing an external hard drive for my home computer, primarily to store video clips and photos.  I have a few questions to ask before I decide to make the purchase.

(1)   Is it easy to transfer files from the primary hard drive (Drive 1) to the external hard drive, or visa versa?
(2)   Does the external hard drive require an operating system in order to receive files from the primary hard drive?
(3)   What is the best port on the computer in which to connect the external drive?
(4)   Will the external hard drive require a cooling fan?
(5)   Is it easy to share both hard drives on the same monitor?   For example, can the monitor screen be partitioned to receive the OS from the external drive on one-half and the OS from the primary hard drive, on the other half?
(6)  Do you have any suggestions on good/inexpensive external hard drive products?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Art Coleman

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml