Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 14:55:42 +1200
Sounds like it could be just a bad plug.  You might consider buying an
extension lead, then taping up, very strongly and securely, the connection
between your current 'end' plug and the new one.  Then, try and keep that
taped connection out of the way and as immobile as possible.
Alternatively of course, replace the plug, but it's not the easiest of jobs.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "Stefan Schull"
Subject: [PCBUILD] Replace SVGA monitor plug

> Hi again, this is a simple question compared to some of my others ;-)
>
> I saw a similar topic a while ago but didn't think much of it...  My
> monitor is getting a bit flaky lately...  I'm getting the yellow hue --
> and it is from a bad connection.  Whenever I just tap the plug (that
> goes in the video card) it goes right back to normal.  I don't think its
> a bad connection in the video card side, this is a newer monitor (still
> old.)  Does anyone know if little shops replace those end plugs?  And
> about how much money am I looking to shell out? (US dollars)  This is a
> very cheap 15 inch monitor, but the picture is excellent when the
> connection is good -- and I'd hate to throw it out because of something
> so insignificant....  (That and I'd probably end up with something even
> worse ;-).
>
> Thanks for any input!
>
> Stefan Schull

                     support at our newest website: