From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:33:33 -0800
Jamie Adams Wrote:
> I have a computer with a PC Chips motherboard

I went on the net to see if I could help you and I found a grip of these
boards listed. On thing I found is, in Brazil, they really like the boards.

Without knowing the exact board, it is difficult to recommend what memory to
buy or how much. My suggestion would be to visit the manufacturer's web site
or look in the manual that came with the board to find out what memory
sticks are compatible.

> I ran a system info report and it states that 77% of my RAM is being
> utilized, so I want to add additional RAM. How do I know what to buy?

At this point I would review what is running and can you do without it
to direct you. I use "MSCONFG" a lot and view what is running. If I don't
need it I disable it. As an example, Microsoft office, Real Networks stuff
and anything I really don't need. Case in point, if you don't need it, uses
it on a regular basis, disable it. There's nothing more frustrating than
having a sufficient amount of memory and have it used by stuff you never use
or rarely use.

Perform routine maintenance on your machine. Defrag, Scan disk and all the
rest to ensure things will run smoothly.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

                     support at our newest website: