From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 01:19:26 -0400
I tried to get a power supply for my Gateway G-6, manufactured 12/97, and found out that Gateways ATX power supplies are proprietary in dimensions. I could not find an ATX power supply that would fit the Gateway case. Mine was a 230 Watt PS, and I wanted at least 250 watts.  Ultimately I had to call Gateway who would not sell me anything but a duplicate of my 230 Watt PS.  It cost twice as much as a generic 250 Watt supply, and cannot be used in anything except a Gateway case.  Perhaps the e-machine PS may fit, but you won't cut it with 145 watts.  Get a non-proprietary case and a regular ATX PS, you'll be glad you did.

>Jeffrey;
>It would help us to know the exacted model of your gateway machine
>It is quite possible that it uses a standard ATX power supply.
> If you can pull the computer cover and give use the approx. dimensions
>and a description of the power supply it would also be helpful.
>If it uses a small power supply a generic "Emachine" type power supply will
>probably work, although they are usually in the 145 watt range. See one
>here:
>http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=KYP145SF1
>This website may give you some needed information on ATX PS specifications:
>http://www.formfactors.org/developer/specs/atx/atxspecs.htm

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml