From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 14:51:52 -0800
> -----Original Message from Doctor Data

> did you try a loop back, ie 127.0.0.1?
> Bill Ades
> Doctor Data Technology Solutions
> Brooklyn, NY

I have a problem with ping on this win95 computer. It's been a long time
since I have used Win95, so if I am missing something simple, please excuse
my ignorance. If I try to run ping in DOS (START | SHUT DOWN | RESTART THE
COMPUTER IN MS-DOS MODE), I get an error message telling me this program
cannot run in DOS. If I use RUN, I get a BSD error message, Fatal Exception.
I just tried in a DOS box and got the same BSD error (i.e., I can't even
open a DOS box). Does this signify anything to anyone? Am I perhaps dealing
with a bad Win95 install? This "free" laptop is costing me more in time that
it may be worth!

Thanks,

Jim

                     visit our download web page at: