From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 01:03:25 -0500
Lazarus's post (clipped):---

<<<<The task bar has also lost its 'always on top' capabilities whenever I
have a window open and expanded fully. I have 'auto hide' checked. But in
the past the bar always stayed on top when mouse arrow went to task bar
area. Might be related? I don't know....>>>>

Please uncheck "auto hide" and check "allways on top". this should make the task bar allways on top. however I really do not have an answer as to how this got changed, since in your first post you said that the problem has started only from the past one week or so.

as far as right click functionality at start up is concerned, from the URL provided by you and also Chris Ryan it appears that "98se2me" is some sort of "tweaking" and consists of both official and "unofficial" (in the URL given by Chris Ryan it talks about "downloading and installing unofficial win 98 se service pack 2")  I am very sorry am not able to help because I am not familiar with such tweaking.

nevertheless, since you have had a satisfactory system performance for about a year after the "tweak" I can only suggest you try an e-mail to the author of the site.I find there is a provision for this in the url given by you.

on the left hand side of the page click "site contents" then "MUST READ " on the resulting page and then "contact info" which says you can describe your problem and send an e-mail.

HTH and good luck----Venkat

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml