From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:16:42 -0400
Mike, I'm not sure why this message is preventing you from getting into the
BIOS.  Here's what I could find on this message from the Asus Support Page
(http://www.asus.com.tw/support/faq/qanda.aspx?KB_ID=84181&SLanguage=en-us)
: "This is a normal situation because our BIOS will redetect CPU status
whenever the CPU is re-installed. What you have to do is to go into the BIOS
menu, set up the CPU frequency and CPU multiplier according to the CPU you
are using. The message will not show up again until you have re-installed
your CPU again."  (I think the Athlon XP 2000 should be running at
12.5x133MHz=1670MHz.)

If there is no way into the BIOS to do this, perhaps make sure that the
jumper on the motherboard is set to 266, 333, and 400  FSB speed (which
should be the default), not the 100 FSB setting.  If this isn't the problem,
perhaps try using the onboard jumper to reset the BIOS to it's default
settings.

Hope something in the above helps.

John Sproule