Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 21:59:21 +1100
I would remove the modem card. Just give it a go.

About last week, I had an interesting problem, I was building a PC, but it
won't boot at the first time, the message (it has a talking mobo - Aopen
mobo with Dr. voice feature) was "your CPU may have a problem", so I changed
another CPU with the same message. As soon as I pulled all card but video
card out (and had to clear COMS too), the PC worked. If I put the modem card
in, the mobo said "your CPU may have a problem" again (changed another modem
solved the problem). I still don't understand why modem card can do "damage"
like this, but this makes me "hate" internal modem more.

Jun Qian