From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:38:34 -0400
If your computer ran before you had the install that gave you something new to run at startup, generally you don't need to have it run at startup. You can kill the scanner detector.  Go to www.pcmag.com/utilities and get yourself a free copy of Startup Cop 1.1.  You can easily disable startup stuff, and the program tells you what it is and where it runs from (i.e. registry).  You don't have to do a restart when you're done.  You can even delete stuff from the startup list, which you can't do in msconfig. If a program gives you an option of having it run at startup during installation, unless you have some special need for it to do so, choose no.