From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:22:15 -0400
I have to take exception with the following statement.
I know IN THIS problem, one of the symptoms is the hard
drive is not spinning...  BUT if it actually is, or starts to, this
could damage the heads.

The heads ride on a cushion of air and the platters should be
allowed to come to a complete stop and the heads "collapse"
before turning the power back on...

If a power supply is shut off, it should be left off for between 10
and 30 seconds, (depending on who's advise you listen to...)

Just an opinion based on recommendations I've read...

                           Rick Glazier

> If you cycle the switch between on and off several times
> and suddenly the pc starts, this is a possible cause.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com