From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 23:39:39 -0700
I have  a Seagate EIDE Mode 4 850 meg drive. It is partitioned as one
extended with two equal logical drives.
If I run it on a FIC PA2007 it works fine. It is jumpered as a master on
the secondary channel. There is one bad sector in the middle of the first
partition but other then that extensive diagnostics show nothing wrong with
it. I can also run it as a master with a slave on this PC.

If I move this drive to a Tomcat 3 using an identical configuration the
BIOS sees the drive ,posts and boots but I can not access the drive. I
receive a Invalid drive specification message.  In fact in any
configuration  the drive is recognize but I can't access it. Other drives
on the Tomcat...... primary, secondary, master or slave work fine
....except for this particular drive. I have tried manually identifying the
drive in the Bios and then booting.....same problem.

As soon as I run the Seagate on another board every thing is fine!

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
mark