From:
"Joab S. Herman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 19:27:46 -0400
Hi Paul,

Try this:
1. After the low level format done by the SCSI card, boot from a
floppy and partition the SCSI drive, using FDISK.EXE.
2. High level format the drive, using FORMAT.COM.
3. Hit the reset button and then quickly hit DEL to go into the
motherboard BIOS setup. Make sure that the IDE hard drive is the
second boot device (after the floppy disk), eg. A,C. Save
changes and let the machine start booting again.
4. As soon as the Adaptec BIOS signs on, hit Ctrl-A to enter the
SCSI BIOS setup. Make sure that the option to load the SCSI BIOS
is selected.

That should do it.

By the way, for best performance your SCSI hard drive should be
set at ID#0, and if it is the only device on its cable it should
be properly jumpered for termination. Leave your IDE hard drive
set to primary, as this has no effect on the SCSI bus.

This all assumes that you want to boot from your existing IDE
hard drive.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly.

Regards,
Joab

At 12:04 AM 5/17/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> [...]

                     support at our newest website: