From:
Kenneth Whyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2010 20:12:15 -0700
Netgear has several class-action lawsuits concerning the very behavior you
are describing. I am not sure if any of those are still in litigation. I
personally avoid the brand like the plague. A way to bypass loss of DNS is
to manually set each node behind the router to directly query your ISP
rather than trust the router to act as a relay. Might be slightly slower,
but it's more reliable. Sometimes you can set the DNS information manually
on the router's DHCP server to save one step and accompolish the same thing.
Best wishes for speedy and reliable surfing. Cisco bought out Linksys a
while back, and that good brand got better. I trust Linksys / Cisco above
most anything else out there.