From:
Jerry Heston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:18:58 -0400
> Hi all;
>  I'll been asked to install a wireless network for a client in his home.
> Primarily to share a new DSL connection.
>  It's a fairly large two story house, with computers throughout.
> I've done a fair amount of networking, but not had experience with
wireless.
> I'm looking at the D-Link DI-713P router/access point
> and D-Link DWL-520 wireless PCI adapters
> Plus a Laptop adapter.
> Main reason for going wireless is to avoid pulling cable, and to use the
> laptop wherever.
> I've read some positive reviews on D-Link, but would like some input on
> wireless hardware.
> I searched the PCBUILD archives but couldn't find much under "wireless
> network".
> Thanks in advance;
>
>        < Larry Fisk
>          Fisk Computers
>            Fruitvale, Idaho

Larry, I just recently installed a Linksys wireless network in my house.
I'm using the wireless router (BEFW11S4), the USB network adapter on both of
my daughters' computers and the PCMCIA card (WPC11) on my laptop.
Everything has worked great, right out of the box.  I have 128-bit WEP
encryption enabled with no discernible reduction in performance, and no
apparent problem with sharing my cable connection.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com