From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:16:45 -0500
Hi,

Any Intel PII should have mmx capability. So any win modem should work.
They can be tricky to set up at times.  The 3094 does not come with
driver software from us, did you obtain it from the web?

Remove all modem physically from unit.

Check the bios, make sure only com 1 is active and that Com2 is disabled
(assuming you are not using it for anything else.)

Go into safe mode, to the device manager and remove any and all modems
listed and remove any and all of the com ports listed.

Put the drivers for the usr modem in a directory on the hard disk drive
that you can find easy when prompted.

Turn system off
Turn system back on in regular mode, it will find new com port and then
should be all set up.

Turn off and install usr modem.  Sometimes pci slots can make a
difference. Try the 2nd one down from the agp slot first.

Turn system on, new hardware should be found and when prompted point to
the directory on the hard drive where the 3094 software is.

That should do it.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore