From:
Don Cooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 14:23:27 -0700
Patrick

The figures below are interesting.  If you have a 7GB hard drive you can use
4K clusters.  If you use a 7GB up you can use 8K cluster.  Now when you
figure it out you will find that a 8GB drive with 8K clusters only gives you
someplace in the vicinity of 7GB of useable space.   May be better to use a
7GB drive or to format a 8GB drive to use 7 GB and make use of the 4K
clusters.  The larger the cluster size the more he waste space.  Not exactly
sure of the formula to figure the waste space but there are some shareware
that does that.

Don

   Don Cooley / San Jose, California / [log in to unmask]
  New Prostate-Help Forums / My Prostate Cancer story
 My family story & history / All at  http://prostate-help.com
     To discuss Prostate Cancer call me at 408 268-6400