From:
Bob Chapel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 00:07:29 -0700
Dean,

I wish that I could tell you the brand name of the ones that I have used
but they are Taiwanese and the manufacturers name is on the box
somewhere..which is..well...somewhere <g>

Regardless..I have swapped these things out hundreds of times and they
are still going strong..if you don't need to do it every day I am sure
you would have little problem with the vast majority of them (at worst
you would have to buy another one or two)....

I paid 14 bucks for mine at a computer show and bought another at a
store for @22.00....one problem...the other brand does not appear to fit
or run if placed in the bay containing another brands receiving bay...I
don't know if this is common but in the future I plan to purchase only
the same brand so all drives will be swappable withing all of my
machines.

Hope this helps,
Bob Chapel