From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:54:15 -0400
Hi,

on reading your post a second time it does appear that your relative is not
completely bed ridden but gratefully somewhat mobile

<<< and that it might be awkward to use her desktop machine from a bed or a
wheelchair>>>

while it may not be possible to operate a PC (with all it's paraphernalia of
monitor/keyboard/mouse)under such conditions I am thinking in terms of a
notebook which can be attached to a wheel chair but at the same time easily
detachable from the wheel chair and put on a (table?)...sort of an inverted
L with the long leg on wheels on the ground and the short leg sliding
accross the width of the bed. you know the sort of thing which they have to
serve food to patients who are bedridden. she can then possibly use it both
from the wheel chair and reclining on her pillows if she is too tired or
something.

of course the two main difficulties will be battery consumption (since
powering the laptop from a wall socket may be difficult) and how far will
the authorities of this specific nursing home go to allow this.if they are
as co-operative as the one mentioned by LKucera then I don't see any
problem.

on a side note re.not finding your posts I am also in the same league. all
my posts repeat ALL end up in my junk mail folder in spite of okaying
messages from the list as "safe mail" in hotmail which i use and in whose
server they all lie. so i have given up and religiously look up junk mail
after all my posts!

just some thoughts and wishing the best---Venkat