From:
Karen Coe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 10:41:42 -0500
This computer is one of the new hybrids. It has the pc built in back of the monitor - sort of like a cross between a laptop an a PC. I wanted to network a LAN with a router. I powered everything down, plugged in the router, connected the DSL line to the router, connected the router to the PC, and turned on router and DsL modem. I then tried to power on the PC. It got as far as the ME splash screen and then went black. Then it hung. I powered off with the surge protector (no other choice), and then tried to power on again. Wierd things happened, but it never even got to POST after that, although the fan was spinning and hard drive LED came on. Unfortunately, it was not my computer, so of course, the owner insists that I caused this. Did I? He HAS had a similar problem with the same model - upon complete power down, it would not power up and had to be taken in to Gateway. Anyone else out there heard of this issue with the profile-3 model?

Thanks,
Karen

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com