From:
Kenneth Whyman SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 May 2011 22:05:19 -0700
Typically there is a watch-type battery that's easy to spot and
hopefully just as easy to pop out of its clip and replace once you
switch the computer off. The very next time you start up the computer,
you'll need to enter the BIOS to reset the system clock and a couple
other things. The computer will hopefully be smart enough to stop and
prompt you for that without having to press a key combination to get in.
Once you get those settings back in place and a good time on the clock,
you're all set. Dell should have a guide on their website for this
procedure to help walk you through it. Print it off or keep it up on a
second computer as you work. The biggest thing to watch when working
"under the hood" so to speak is static electricity. Before touching the
motherboard or other parts inside the box, touch the bare metal of the
power supply to discharge any static electricity safely. Beyond that,
just check the cabling and whatnot when you're done to make sure it's
still plugged into the right spots securely. A can of compressed air to
blow out all of the dust you're likely to find is a plus. Best wishes.
:)