From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 18:49:29 -0500
Raymond,

Until you posted your problem, I did not know such hard drives
existed.  My earlier comments still stand, but only as a broad general
guideline.

First and foremost, your BIOS/controller card must have
support for the drive in it's native (full capacity) format.
If it does..... then in theory...... resetting the jumpers and
using FDISK __may__ allow you to create a second
partition on the drive  Once(if)  you create the second
partition, then you can use Partition Magic to combine
the two partitions into a single unit while retaining all the
data and installed software.

For specific details, I defer to those who have had
actual experience converting this drive.

I think your problem staddles both lists, but the moderators
will let you know if they think you should move the conversation
to the PCSOFT list.

Have I waffled enough? <grin>

Jim Meagher