From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 07:11:32 -0700
At 06:18 PM 6/23/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a CD Burner installed, using this same burner, with a DVD
>recording software, would I be able to burn a DVD disc, or would I have
>to buy a DVD burner ?

George,

I should also add that with just CD burning capability, there is a format
known as VCD (Video CD) or SVCD (Super Video CD) which allows you to put
movies on a CD disk, although for VCD the quality is much less than DVD,
and SVCD, while better than VCD on quality, can do far less content (time
wise) on a single disk, so it may take several disks to record a video movie.

Software is required for this as well, Nero can burn VCD and SVCD disks if
the video is in the right format (MPEG-1). If you have AVI files, they need
to be converted. Most DVD type authoring tools also support VCD or SVCD.
You would have to check the specs on any home DVD players to make sure they
support those formats. Most will do VCD, but a lot don't support SVCD.

Russ Poffenberger
Credence Systems Corp.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml