From:
Karl Gottshalk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 21:18:40 -0400
I have the same burner, and after turning out many "coasters", I think I
have it down pat now. First of all, I bought Nero, as recommended by Jim
Meager. Works very well, seems much more reliable than the Adaptec software
that comes with the drive. Second, anything that interrupts the burn will
abort the process. Turn off the screen saver, Make sure the hard drive is
not set to power down after a time, and turn off all background processes
except explorer and systray, by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL and shutting them down
one by one. I haven't had a bad burn in over 50 disks.

Karl Gottshalk

>         I just purchased a CDRW drive, model ACER 6206A, and am having
problems
> with CDR burning. Using Direct CD CDRW discs turn out fine, they record
and
> read perfectly without problems. However whenever I try to burn a CDR it
> gives up after buring a large part of the disc.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org