From:
Paul Tiwana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 06:09:03 -0800
Hi
friends
My computer Pll 300 , 128 RAM, win98SE, 13 GB HD, ATI Rage Xpert video,
Creative Lab SB Aive etc
has been crashing a lot.  I reformated the HD and installed win 98SE.
It is working, it picked up all the drivers, except the internal modem and
the attached scanner.
I took it to a tecnician. He found the following lines in Device manager,
under Other devices in Yellow

? PCI Mass storage Controller
? PCI Mass storage Controller
?PCI Multimedia devise
?PCI Serial controller

He tried to fix them from CMOS, IRQ conflict etc, but could not .Finally ,
He says I need a new MoBo.
I brought the computer back,  again formated HD and reinstlled win 98. It
works fine now.
It did not pick up the internal modem, I used my external USR. This worked.
But the four yellow lines with question marks under in Device Manager in
Other devices are there.
i m afraid soon it will start giving me problems.
any Ideas, tips, help will be appreciated.

Paul Tiwana

.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml