From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 04:27:27 -0700
Troy,

Floppy swapping is disabled, but that is the default BIOS setting, and it
worked set that way.  Floppy seek is now and always has been enabled.  The
floppy LED lights up during the boot. I will change floppy swap to enabled
on the next boot to see if that does it, but I would still want to know why
it would need to be changed in order to work, when the BIOS settings I now
have worked fine before.  Or is that just one of Windows mysteries?  Joel

I believe that Your only problem is to set the Advanced BIOS setting to
enable floppy drive swapping. This should make your A drive accessable.
I do not believe you have a power connector problem unless it would be the
(doubtful) power supply itself. This has cured many A drive problems by
properly setting it up in the BIOS. There are two places in most BIOS that
enable the A drive and both have to be enabled in order for the OS to  use
it. HTH.
Troy Mowdy
TLM PRODUCTIONS

> Jack, it's connected to the end.  The connection for the B drive won't fit
> the A drive anyway.   The A drive has to be the most
> basic uncomplicated thing on this computer. Joel
>
> joel:
>
> Just a thought. Since you've tried everything else, is the floppy drive
> connected to the end connection of the controller cable
>
> On Sun, 3 Jun 2001 20:01:32 -0700 "Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
> writes:
> > Larry,
> > I didn't think about the power thing, but I can't use a different
> > pigtail

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: