From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:43:09 -0800
Jimi

Although it sounds outlandish, one or more of those 3 components could
be bad a second time around. Does your retail source have verification
ability so they/you can be sure you are buying all good products?

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but you should verify that the MB
standoffs are correctly installed and that the MB is not grounding out.

If I remember correctly, the last issue of Computer Shopper had a very
detailed article with lots of pictures on building a computer. If it is
not Computer Shopper, it must have been a recent issue of Smart Computing.

I hope you can resolve this issue before losing your mind to frustration.

Tom

jimi moore wrote:
> Yes I did try them one at a time. I don't  know if the cpu or any of
> the parts are good or bad since I can't get it to post..just black
> screen with fans running and KB and mouse lit up. Now here's the
> latest every one. I returned the mb,cpu and ram and got new ones. THE
> EXACT SAME THING IS HAPPENING!
> And remember the only other parts are the graphic card (which is
> working just fine as I write on this machine)
> and the HDD which also works fine on the machine i'm posting with.
> I'm I missing something? Can someone point me to a site (I have tried
> MANY!) or tell me step by step directions on putting together a system
> from step one?
>
> Thanks so much for your time.
>
> jimi

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads