Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 2009 15:22:51 -0700
First of all, thank you everyone for the previous help!  But now I need more...  :::sigh:::

I obtained a good hub, two correct network cables, and ran the Windows XP network setup wizard on each computer.  I specified this, the master computer that connects to the Internet, as "Raymond's Computer." It's an eMachines running XP Pro, Version 2, SP 2; it has a standard modem.  The other computer is "Margaret's Computer," "Home 11," and is a Compaq also running XP Pro, Version 2, SP2; it does not have a modem, just a network connection.  The workgroup name is MSHOME.

For some reason though, I _still_ can't get these two computers to talk to each other! -- and can't get the secondary computer onto the Internet!  I tried several different things, tried three different troubleshooters, and tried plugging the network cables into different slots in the four-slot hub.  I am just about at my wit's end, so I'm going to drop it for the evening, and wait for your help -- for which I thank you again!

Joyce in SE Ohio

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml