From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:37:58 -0500
(Put back "on list" by Rick...)
I'm hoping this "software" reading on the memory is done by the
ATI driver itself and therefore will be a "trusted source" for the info...
(Lots of "generic" diagnostic software may not know how to "deal with"
different types and brands of cards and "could" get the info wrong
for this or other tests, or use some sort of test/probe that does not quite work...)

I can only tell you what I see on several computers with ATI drivers installed...
If you do not see the same thing, it may be your drivers are
different or older than mine... Or you may "not" be using Win95b.
Things look similar, but not the same in different versions of windows...
(Hope yours "looks" the same...).
I get there by opening control panel, hitting system, device manager,
display adapters, rage pro turbo PCI (English), properties.
That brings up a property page with five tabs.
To see the information, hit the diagnostics tab,
(Dismiss the warning by hitting "OK")
Hit the status button.
Under video card configuration, look for:
S/W version.
ATI  4.11.2560 This is (to the best of my knowledge) the newest RELEASED
driver for MY video cards and chipsets used... I only need one version of driver
for several cards, all different... (I have a beta, but I am not "testing" it...)

Video Memory...  (4M, or your size...)
Pay no attention to any other memory lines...
The information on this page is SO specific, and detailed, I trust it totally...

             Rick Glazier
PS: I'd like to find out how you made out, but if the above does not work
there is nothing I can do to help further...  Good luck...