From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 18:23:29 -0600
David;
I would strip it down to basics (video card memory, cpu), you don't even
need a keyboard or mouse
to test the boot. You can use a pci video card if you have one.
Reset the bios jumper; place the jumper on the reset position, usually pins
2-3 for 30 sec. or so, then back
to the default positon, usually pins 1-2 and see if it boots.

Most modern bios have a boot block that can't be erased.
Kinda doubt gigabyte offers a bios recovery  feature.
If all else fails you can get a new bios ROM chip from Gigabyte or  a third
party supplier.
I know on Intel boards you can usually get the bios back up by using their
bios recovery floppy.
I've done it many times, but they have a recovery setting on the bios reset
jumper.
Try all the basics first,this bios ROM replacement would be a last resort.

  If you get it to boot, then add components one at a time to try to find
any problems.
My Abit board will do this if I get the bios settings goofed up.
resetting the bios via jumper is the only way it will boot again.