From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:39:27 -0400
When you boot up, go directly into the BIOS menus.  Check your hardware
monitoring section and see what is wrong.  As has been suggested, it could
be an improperly mounted heatsink and/or a heatsink fan that isn't running.
Actually, you probably should boot up with the case open and look to make
sure the heatsink fan is at least running before you even bother with the
BIOS.  The CPU fan needs to be plugged into the CPU fan header on the
motherboard in order for the motherboard to recognize that you have a
properly functioning heatsink fan.

John Sproule