From:
"Walter R. Worth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 07:06:17 -0800
On Monday, January 17, 2000 10:58 PM,
 "Dave Gillett" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On 17 Jan 00, at 12:18, Walter R. Worth wrote:
>
> > All other CPU's use an AT motherboard and case.
>
>   These days, my local Fry's carries more Socket 7 (Pentium) boards
> in ATX than in AT form factor.  ALso, it has become nearly impossible
> to find an AT replacement power supply, although a few AT
> motherboards accept both AT and ATX power connectors.

What you have just stated is very true.  Here in San Francisco (and probably
in San Jose), as you and Chris have pointed out, although you can "still"
get mobo based on the AT standard,  it is getting increasing harder to find
AT replacement components based on strictly AT tech. Depending on "supply
and demand" and your locality, this may not have happened yet. I will be
attending a Computer Show this weekend and I will talk to several local
mobo designers who come to these shows and gather their input. :-)

Walter R. Worth