From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 18:41:51 -0600
Byron;
I have seen standalone VGA monitor testers like this
http://www.anatekcorp.com/testequipment/vgaplus.htm
Or here http://www.elexp.com/tst_mt83.htm
Do a yahoo search for "monitor tester" and you will find more.

Or you can access a website like the one below to test/adjust your monitors.
http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/features/monitorsbig/test/mtp1280.htm
Or here is a freeware proggie for testing monitors, I haven't tested it
personally.
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/Misc__Utilities/Monitor_Tester.
html

I would think the portable standalone unit would be the easiest to do the
job with.