From:
Thomas Harold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:37:59 -0400
Bob Lendrim wrote:
> I use a P3 notebook computer with GPS input for navigation purposes.
> The LCD screen brightness limits it's useability. Does anyone know of
> another type, or a brighter display that I could attach and mount for
> use in a car and boat for daylight use ? Thank you for any input. Bob
> Lendrim

Was it bright enough when new?  If so, maybe the backlight is reaching
the end of its lifespan and needs to be replaced.  (Prices vary.)
Backlights slowly fade in brightness resulting in a dimmer screen as
time goes on.

Other then that, you'll probably want to search for "automotive lcd
monitor" or "marine lcd monitor".  The marine-rated displays are usually
very expensive because of the extra bits to make them last in a
salt-water environment.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml