From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 22:21:29 -0700
I think your CD-RW is faster than your CPU.  Also, 48 Mb is not much RAM for
the task.  Most manufacturers recommend no less than 32 Mb, but for a
12X10X32, that would be inadequate, in my opinion.  64 Mb would be better.
If you will be doing nothing else with the computer while you burn the CD,
you might be able to get by, but it would be a struggle for your machine to
support a 12X write speed.  You will probably wind up burning at 4-6X, and
only then if you have no other apps running while you do it.

I have a Gateway2000 p166mhz 48mb ram

would it be possible to fitn a  cd-rw to this spec machine, or is it to
slow. I was thinking about a this model LITEON

32r 12w 10rw
BURNPROOF
Includes Nero Writing Software

                     visit our download web page at: