From:
Gary Tennesen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 08:15:19 -0800
  When a computer can see all other computers in the network except the
Server and all other computers can see the server except the computer you
are working on, you have both a working server and working parts on the
machine which you are now working.

The problem is typically protocol ie: IPX/SPX or log-in.  Make sure
name/password are correct.

Here's something that anybody who knows nothing about computers/networking
can do:  go to one that works.

I would go to a working PC station and do a copy/paste of all network
settings.  To do this, open a network setting such as Novell Networking on
the PC and then hit the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard.  Nothing will
appear to happen as all you've done is to save the image to the computer's
memory.   Next, open Paint brush (run pbrush.exe) and click EDIT, select
paste.  You can then print each image that details the network settings
page-by-page and keep these print-outs by your side for future reference.

When I learned how to copy/paste through printscreen, I started a file on
all the settings on workstations and suddenly became a network technician.
funny, huh?

gary r. tennesen