From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:26:44 -0500
Hi Peter,

A BIOS editor for your video card would do what you interested in.  I've
looked into the nividia bios editor, Nibitor, but not one for ATI cards.  (I
considered modifying the BIOS on my new 8800GT in order to get it to work
with the unusual PCI-E slot on my Asrock 775Dual-VSTA motherboard, but in
the end, opted for a new motherboard, instead.)  A quick Google turns up
Rabit, the Radeon BIOS Tuner, http://rusjaz.narod.ru/.  Sites like Softpedia
and Guru3D also have some information on this tool.  I don't know if you'll
need a separate flash utility or if this is an all in one tool.  I would
recommmend that you make a copy of your BIOS and set it aside before you
make any changes to the BIOS on the card itself.

A safer route would be to manage the memory speed throught the drivers, as
you are doing now.  I don't know if ATI tools will let you make a change to
the memory speed and have it enforced each time you boot up the computer.
I'm sure that there are other driver tweaking tools that will do this for
you.  Perhaps ATI Tray Tools does this (though this may be the program that
you are already using).  http://www.guru3d.com/article/atitraytools/189/

I assume that you've already determined that Gigabyte can't be of any help
with this issue.  Modifying the BIOS will likely void whatever support
agreement they might have at this point, if there is one.

I hope this is helpful.

John Sproule